Monday, September 19, 2011

Worst Movies Ever Blogfest

My good buddy Alex J. Cavanaugh is hosting another party. Simple ~ list your 10 worst movies. It's sorta like a public service announcement: watch out for these. Legions of bloggers have found them to be so bad that they're not even worthy of making fun of. Sci-fi fans know that is a category of movies all of its own. For that list, we need a different party. (But I do have to say that one of the very best of these is Tremors. C'mon, it's got KEVIN BACON, AND giant, man-eating worms. and we all now how relevant the Kevin Bacon degree is...) So without further yammering, or ado, I present:

  1. Two of a Kind with John Travolta and Olivia Newton John.
    We actually walked out, even though we were on a first date, doubling with my best friend and his best friend, who coincidentally were dating. If this sounds familiar, you must have read, “The Tuba Player and the Clarinetist”. This was my first date with The Engineer. We've been married 19 years.

  2. Speed 2.
    If you've seen it, this needs no explanation. If you haven't, DON'T.

  3. Labyrinth.
    I was completely inebriated, and still couldn't sit through it.

  4. Any of the numerous Pokemon movies my children have made me watch. Yes, they have that power. It's called Boys' Night and you can learn more about why I would subject myself to such atrocities in that post.

  5. Ponyo
    Any movie where you fall asleep of boredom while watching a boy and his goldfish, only to wake-up and find that the goldfish has now transformed into a toddler girl is just too freaky for me.

  6. Mission Impossible 2 Too many masks, Tom's hair is too long, and I lost ten years of my life watching him free climb that big rock.

Six is what you're getting from me. I blew out my knee this weekend (that would be the knee I already had scoped in college from a skiing accident but have been relying on as my “good” side while my “bad” side awaits hip replacement) and am feeling sorry for myself here in my bed. Going to go drown myself in Hell's Kitchen. At least there someone else is in pain...

If you'd like more warnings of hazardous to your movie-watching time sorry flicks, check out the rest of the lists over at Alex's.


11 comments:

mshatch said...

Excellent choices, except I did like Ponyo. It wasn't perfect, but I really like Miyazaki.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not even drunk enought to enjoy Labyrinth, huh? That's funny!
Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

julie fedderson said...

Oh, Pokemon. I have a a four year old who worships them. There's this one with Santa and a group of buxom penguin minions that makes me want to run head first into the TV every time he watches it.

Brian Miller said...

oo nice list tina...luckily we missed pokemon...but i have seen every superhero movie out there...ponyo, really?

Jennie Bailey said...

Oh, you poor thing! I don't blame you one bit feeling sorry for yourself. That's horrible. And Speed 2 was really bad. I had forgotten that one.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Ponyo is probably my least favorite Miyazaki film but I don't think I could ever put it on a worst movie ever film. But his films are weird. I don't even think he would deny that.

Unknown said...

Excellent choices. I have to add "Santa Claus vs. the Martians". It's so bad it's funny. As a joke, I bought it for Mr. Sister for his Christmas stocking. Now it's become an annual tradition to put it in the DVD and GROAN! My husband would like to add "Hope Floats" as his first worst movie.

Christine said...

I totally agree on the movie choices. I HATED Speed 2 especially.

I'm following you back. :)

Dave said...

I love Labyrinth.

Dave
Dave Wrote This

Arlee Bird said...

Saw Speed 2 but don't remember much of it at all. The rest of those I have not seen.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Tina! Just wanted to say I've missed you around the blogging world.