Monday, June 21, 2010

From Swiss to Sis

You are my little Sis
and you are
friend

We share memories
You,
clobbering me,
(in the head)
with the mini-golf putter, and
we scared Farmor
to death (it WAS a lot of blood)

Of sleepless nights on summer visits
to Sweden, where there are no screens
so no air
in that hot bedroom
And the mattresses kept
sliding, and we would
froggie-hop them
back next to each other
to whisper-giggle
in the semi-darkness
secrets

And all it takes
Is one word,
And a look,
Then we're in the same place
like
Bianca and Margo
or
death-grip, as
production assistant
or
Ray-Don

And even though
we've been through
totally s#$t times”
love actually
lasts
because

You are my little sis
and you are
friend

It's my sis's birthday today.  She's amazing, and puts up with me, and is always there to help me out, to make my infirmities less crippling, and to cheer me on, to listen, and to lean on.  Sissie, your Swissie loves you.  Come home soon.




6 comments:

Kat_RN said...

Great Tribute! Sisters really are one of the best things in life. Your post makes me want to call mine.
Kat

Unknown said...

Yes! Let's hear it for sisters! I will always be the little sis and I like it like that just fine. Happy birthday to yours!

Brian Miller said...

aww...sounds like ou al had some fun times and a great relationship...and a little putt putt clubbing never hurts. smiles. great tribute. i hope she has a wonderful birthday!

One Photo said...

How wonderful that you have such fond memories of childhood with your sister and are still such good friends too. That is so very special.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

A lovely tribute to your sister!! And since I have one of my own, I know exactly where you're coming from!

SwissysSis said...

Thanks Swissy! YOU WROTE ME A POEM!!! Best Gift Ever! I love you!!!!